Losing weight relies on removing or reducing the things that caused the initial weight gain. New science proves that reducing body toxicity is one key part of the weight loss formula and is especially important for reducing and eliminating the plateaus and rebounds that many dieters experience.
The connection between weight loss and body toxicity came to light in the 1990’s, but was scientifically proven between 2002 and 2003, when researchers reviewed evidence in 63 studies showing that through our lifetimes, we absorb chemical toxins from our environment and our intestine which directly increases the size and number of our fat cells and which interferes with every body system related to weight gain and weight loss (Obesity Reviews, 2003; 4 (1): 17-24).
This mounting evidence from the early 2000’s created a landslide of research into the connections between weight gain and body toxicity, world-wide. Here in the US, The role of environmental chemicals in obesity was recently acknowledged by the Presidential Task Force on Childhood Obesity and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Strategic Plan for Obesity Research. “Over the past ten years, and especially the past five years, there’s been a flurry of new data,” says Kristina Thayer, director of the Office of Health Assessment and Translation at the National Toxicology Program (NTP). In 2011 the NIH launched a 3-year effort to fund research exploring the role of environmental chemical exposures in obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome.
The chemical toxins that increase fat tissue were given the name ‘Obesogens’ in 2006 by researchers at UC Irvine. FEWL has included protocols to address body toxicity and therefore to expedite your weight loss journey as easily as possible, based on what we’ve learned from the collective of obesity research including that from the NIH, CDC, NTP and EPA over the past fifteen years.
Here’s what Obesity researchers have taught us, and what YOU can do about it to achieve faster, easier weight loss:
- Each of us is exposed to on average 80,000 environmental chemicals each year – we can’t escape them (CDC Second Nat’l Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals; EPA Nat’l Human Adipose Tissue Survey; etc etc etc).
- The more fat tissue you have, the more toxic load you will carry and the more important it is to detoxify. The Tanita Body fat scale is integral to tracking your progress throughout your weight loss journey.
- It’s impossible to eliminate body toxicity in one week. It requires consistent management and even interventions, like SlimRepair weeks, throughout weight loss to eliminate the accumulations from daily living in America.
What toxins do:
- Interfere with thyroid function and lower metabolism.
- Interfere with appetite, causing cravings and reducing appetite when we SHOULD be eating, for example having no appetite at breakfast.
- Alter ALL weight-related hormones and reduce thermogenesis (insulin, leptin, adiponectin, ghrelin, cortisol, to name just a few).
- Overload the liver and intestine’s natural detoxification and elimination systems, causing weight gain.
Where toxins come from:
- The environment, which you can’t do that much about since they are everywhere.
- Your intestine and whether or not you absorb them: good gut health is your NUMBER ONE defense against body toxicity.
- Support the body’s detox systems in the Liver, Kidney and Intestine – SlimRepair is formulated specifically for this.
Rebounds and Plateaus:
- During weight loss, rebounds and plateaus occur largely from the reabsorption of released toxins from shrinking fat cells: if you don’t support the gut health and the liver / kidney detox systems, you reabsorb some or all of this toxic load and experience regain and plateaus.
How to eliminate toxins, regains and plateaus:
- Lifestyle choices to reduce the incoming load includes an un-refined, whole food (theFEWL food list!) and eating at regular times.
- Improve and maintain gut health (re-visit the Gut Check tests regularly).
- Drink enough water to make your pee clear or colorless for most of the day. Drinking Ignite really helps!
- Eat organic choices, especially animal, fish, poultry and dairy wherever possible and especially during your detox weeks on the FEWL plans.
- Supplement with omega-3 fats (FEWL EFA’s or essential fatty acids).
- Supplement with any detox and gut supporting nutrients (FEWL’s Vitamin D, Enzymes, Probiotics, Liver Boost, Immune Pro, Gut Optimizer, Gut Health, B-complex and Ignite)